Libgdx-based game for Android, iOS, and PC following the tutorial by ForeignGuyMike on youtube channel starting at this but port to Kotlin with improvements, controller support, and mobile ready (iOS via MOE).
This project follows along with tutorial but code written in Kotlin
1.1.2-3 on Android Studio
2.3.2 with Gradle
The assets and idea follows the original project which written in Java on Eclipse; originally based on desktop only, this project will make it buildable and runnable on Android, iOS (via multi-OS engine), and PC.
- Ported to Kotlin; initially closely following tutorial but latter slightly diverse
- Added controller (mainly tested with Xbox360 controller) support across the game
- Added 4-directional selection for level in level selection screen
- Added save file to keep track of player's progress in JSON format (intentionally without encryption)
- iOS buildable and runnable on simulator and real device with Multi-OS engine version
- Different level from original
- Support wide-screen in gameplay session
- Optimized creation process for tiles, only a single layer and checking against tile's ID
What It Looks Like
- Add remaining level of 13-15 (as of now it's just a copied of level 12 to prevent crash if select on such levels)
Desktop (without controller)
Zfor jumping or enter
Xfor switch block
Downfor selecting which level to play in level selection screen
Desktop with controller
This is Xbox360 layout, currently the game has no configuration screen to map button to other controllers' layout.
Afor jumping or enter
Bfor switching block
D-Padfor selecting which level to play in level selection screen
Mobile (Android and iOS)
- Touch on left side of the screen to jump
- Touch on right side of the screen to switch block
- Touch to enter
- Touch to select which level to play in level selection screen
Big shout out to ForeignGuyMike for making a great tutorial video that this project builds upon on top of that.
MIT, Wasin Thonkaew