CIGA Game Jam 2017
A hot-seat two players compete each other for higher score in collecting fruit from the tree. Planting, water and collecting. No matter who wins, we all wins.
This game is made solo during CIGA game jam 2017 in Shenzhen, China; within 48 hours.
Gameplay Part 1
Gameplay Part 2
Giving Stuff to Opponent
Fill Water into Bucket
Growth of Tree to Final Stage
- libgdx with kotlin as programming language
- Android Studio 2.3.3
- Aseprite - for pixel art and animation
- tiled - for tile-based map editor
- Bfxr - for sound effect (background music, and some of sfx I downloaded them from Internet)
Requirement to Run the Game
- Java Runtime at least version 1.6+
- Xbox360 controllers for two players (due to the game doesn't offer button mapping as configuration so if you use different brand of controller, button might be changed. But all in all, you can use other controller but keep in mind it's not tested).
- - Keyboard to control player is not support yet.
Left analog, or
D-Padto move player around
- Move on top of stuff i.e. bucket, fruit, seed in order to carry it
Left analogfor direction +
Bto place down stuff you're carrying to the tile as directed by analog direction
- When match ends, and you're at score screen, player 1 only can press
Ato restart the match
Left Bumperbutton to show minimap
Zto immediately restart the match
Please go to http://blog.wasin.io/blog/2017/06/19/postmortem-raceplant-ciga-game-jam-2017.html (but can use Z button to manually restart the match if needed)
Also can follow devlog for future updates at https://haxpor.itch.io/race-plant.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.