This document includes the new features, enhancements, and fixed issues for Hazelcast C++ Client 3.10.1 release.
- PN Counter: A new data structure PN Counter (Positive-Negative Counter) is introduced. This new data structure is conflict-free replicated data type. See https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-cpp-client#pn-counter for details.
- Flake Id Generator: A new id generator, Flake Id Generator, is introduced. This new structure has the same interface as the existing IdGenerator. IdGenerator is now deprecated in favor of Flake Id Generator. Hazelcast Flake ID Generator is used to generate cluster-wide unique identifiers. Generated identifiers are int64_t primitive values and are k-ordered (roughly ordered). IDs are in the range from 0 to INT64_MAX. (See http://docs.hazelcast.org/docs/latest/manual/html-single/index.html#flakeidgenerator for details of the generated ids.) Flake Id Generator is safe even in split-brain scenarios. (See https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-cpp-client#flake-id-generator for details)
Some of the major bug fixes for this release are listed below. You can find the full list of closed issues and closed PRs at the repo with milestone 3.10.1
- C++ client crashes when server doesn't respond to HB. [#429]
- Compilation with clang 6.0 fails because __USE_GNU is implicitly defined by clang. [#435]
- testAsyncStartTrue fails at ConfiguredBehaviourTest.cpp:100. [#431]
- ClientFlakeIdGeneratorConfig is missing support wildcard usage. [#446]
There are no known issues for this release.