This document includes the new features, enhancements, and fixed issues for Hazelcast C++ Client 3.8.2 release.
- PartitionAware Support: C++ client now supports implementing keys that are partition aware using the
PartitionAwareinterface. You can force certain keys to be put on the same server at the cluster and run your entry processor on that server which will access the data locally since you put all the data to that server using this new feature. This is also called Data Affinity. You can find more information regarding the PartitionAware feature at the client documentation page: https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-cpp-client/tree/v3.8.2#partitionaware. You can also check the example code at: https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-cpp-client/tree/v3.8.2/examples/distributed-map/partitionaware
- Added the missing support for byte-array type serialization. [#307]
Some of the major bug fixes for this release are listed below. You can find the full list of closed issues and closed PRs at the repo with milestone 3.8.2.
- DataOutput::writeUTF() writes invalid data. [#308]
- Client does not shut down properly when all cluster connection attempts fail. [#285]
- Removed the incorrectly used default credentials in the client config. [#286]
- SSL reconnect fail at Linux environments. [#288]
There are no known issues for this release.