The practopian project contains all of the content of the website at practopian.org, plus the source materials, templates and scripts used to generate the web pages.
In addition to the normal HTML and CSS, the practopian project makes use of the following languages and tools.
Markdown -- Most content is written in Markdown syntax, sometimes extended using Multimarkdown/Notenik conventions.
Notenik -- Used to edit and organize some of the content, and to generate the final html pages posted to the website.
The practopian project is organized into the following folders.
content -- The site provides several different types of content, and each type of content exists here within its respective subfolder.
- beliefs -- Core beliefs. This folder can be accessed as a Notenik collection.
- blog -- Blog posts are organized by author.
- core -- These are core writings that provide the basic definition of what it means to be a Practical Utopian.
- intro -- Brief introductory notes.
- issues -- Issues of particular importance to Practopians.
- news -- Links to relevant news items, along with brief commentary.
- tags -- Brief explanations for most of the tags used on the site.
factory -- Contains the PSTextMerge templates used to generate the finished website.
feed -- The files in this folder are transient files generated as part of the build process.
html -- HTML fragments, mostly generated from Markdown content as part of the build process.
includes -- PSTextMerge include files, some generated by the build process, others not so much.
licenses -- A Creative Commons license governing the use of this project.
lists -- Lists of content, including metadata. These lists are used as drivers to portions of the build process.
nextnav -- The files in this folder are transient files generated as part of the build process.
scripts -- Home for the PSTextMerge script file used to drive the bulk of the build process.
Update quotations using Notenik.
Set Notenik Tags Export Preferences as follows:
- Tags to Select: Practopian
- Tags to Suppress: America, Apple, Business, Lean, Management, Measurement, Pagan Tuna, Practopian, Reason to Rock
Use Notenik to export All Fields of Entire Collection to a tab delimited text file named 'quotes.tab' in the lists folder.
Update content.csv in the lists folder to add a new blog post.
Use Notenik to play the scripts numbered from 1 - 8 in the scripts folder.
practopian by Herb Bowie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://github.com/hbowie/practopian2.