Q&A is an education-focused app that provides a platform for students to get their questions answered when they're not in class. Students can submit questions to a live queue and they'll be connected to a teacher in a video classroom, which includes educational tools such as a live whiteboard, code and text editor.
This app was built during a two-week sprint as the capstone project for four students at Fullstack Academy in Chicago. The project requirements were to create a prototype application that incorporated web technologies learned during the program, as well as new technologies we were interested in exploring. We decided to work with WebRTC and WebSockets to create a learning platform designed for real-time collaboration.
Tech Talk Presentation
These credentials will work with the deployed application and a local install.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes. You'll need:
- Create two PostgreSQL databases:
npm run seed
npm run start-dev
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080/
- Redux - front-end state management
- WebRTC - open-source APIs that provide browsers and apps with real-time communication
- Socket.io - library for real-time communication between server and client
- Express - web framework for Node
- Sequelize - an ORM for database queries
- PostgreSQL - object-relational database management system