Moutainbike Orienteering map rendering ruleset for Maperitive (OSM)
The OpenStreetMap database is particularly suited to create MTB Orienteering maps (unlike foot orienteering, pretty much everything needed for MTB'O is standard mapping in OSM, at least for recreational and training purposes).
HOW TO USE
- Download Maperitive: http://maperitive.net/
- Add files from OSM-MTBO-Maperitive to Maperitive directory
- Download area of interest to Maperitive/map.osm (eg. using export function from http://www.openstreetmap.org)
- Run Maperitive with IOF_MTB.mscript (linux: ./Maperitive.sh IOF_MTB.mscript OR windows: drag file IOF_MTB.mscript onto Maperitive.exe)
- Have fun!
DO NOT "tag for the renderer" in OSM (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_for_the_renderer) Either:
- correctly tag using OSM tagging guidelines.
- and/or participate in the rendering project and update the ruleset to improve it.