redmine release notes
Do any of the following apply?
- You have to produce release notes for your projects
- You end up going through the roadmap issue by issue, writing release notes for each one, and you feel there's got to be a better way
- You wish it was easier to check whether all the release notes have been done for a particular version
If so, then this plugin may be just what you need.
Just Redmine 2.1.0 or higher.
- Store release notes with each issue.
- See how close the release notes for a certain version are to being finished.
- Generate release notes for a particular version.
- Define templates for generated release notes.
- Localizable; currently available in English, German, Russian, and French.*
* Actually all of the languages other than English are a bit out of date now. Pull requests welcome!
git clone git://github.com/hdgarrood/redmine_release_notes \ /path/to/redmine/plugins/redmine_release_notes
Do the migrations.
Load the default formats (optional, recommended). If you've been using earlier versions, this will read your formats.yml and put them into the database (which is what you want).
Before you can use it, you need to:
- Do first-time configuration (See Administration > Plugins > Redmine release notes > Configure)
- Enable the release notes module for any relevant projects
- Enable release notes for the appropriate trackers
Create release notes from the issue page; a section will appear under the description, allowing you to add release notes. Use the issue custom field to mark whether the release notes are done, todo, or not required.
Once a version is nearing completion, click on the Release notes tab on the project menu to see a list of versions (like the roadmap) together with a progress bar, showing how many release notes are done, and how many are still left to do.
Once a version is complete, generate release notes from the same place. You can also get the release notes raw:
Configure the templates used to generate release notes in Administration > Plugins (if you're an admin).
Bug reports, feature requests, and pull requests are all welcome.
Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Harry Garrood.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.