redmine release notes
Do any of the following apply?
- You have to produce release notes for your projects
- You end up going through the roadmap issue by issue, writing release notes for each one, and it's a real pain
- You wish it was easier to check whether all the release notes have been done for a particular version
If so, then this plugin may be just what you need.
Just Redmine 2.3.0 or higher. If there's sufficient demand I'll add 2.1 and 2.2 compatibility.
- Store release notes and release notes status (todo, done, not required) per issue.
- See how close the release notes for a certain version are to being finished.
- Generate release notes for a particular version.
- Define templates for generated release notes.
- Localizable; currently available in English, German, Russian, and French.
git clone git://github.com/hdgarrood/redmine_release_notes \ /path/to/redmine/plugins/redmine_release_notes
Do the migrations.
Load the default formats (optional, recommended). If you've been using 1.2.0, this will read your formats.yml and put them into the database (which is what you want).
upgrading from 1.2.0
As of 1.3.0, release notes status (ie, whether the release notes for an issue are done, still todo, or not required) are no longer stored as an issue custom field, but in the release notes table. This means that you need to get this information out of the issue custom field, and into the release notes table.
The column is
release_notes.status and the recognised values are
This is probably the easiest way to go about it:
UPDATE release_notes SET status = 'todo' WHERE issue_id in ( SELECT customized_id FROM custom_values WHERE customized_type = 'Issue' AND value = 'Todo' -- or whatever your configured 'todo' status is );
You'll need to run two more similar statements for
'not_required' release notes.
Before you can use it, you need to:
- Enable the release notes module for any relevant projects
- Enable release notes for the appropriate trackers
Create release notes from the issue page; a section will appear under the description, allowing you to add release notes and also mark whether the release notes are done, todo, or not required.
Once a version is nearing completion, click on the Release notes tab on the project menu to see a list of versions (like the roadmap) together with a progress bar, showing how many release notes are done, and how many are still left to do.
Chastise developers who haven't done their release notes by using the query filters on the issue list.
Once a version is complete, generate release notes from the same place. You can also get the release notes raw:
Configure the templates used to generate release notes in Administration > Plugins (if you're an admin).
Bug reports, feature requests, and pull requests are all welcome.
Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Harry Garrood.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.