A curated list of awesome resources for improving written communication.
- Alex.js: Catch insensitive, inconsiderate writing. Whether your own or someone else’s writing, Alex helps you find gender favoring, polarizing, race related, religion inconsiderate, or another unequal phrasing.
- Atomic AI / Atomic Reach: Real time, custom and predictive recommendations to create well written content with your audience in mind every time.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: The Chicago Manual of Style Online is the venerable, time-tested guide to style, usage, and grammar in an accessible online format.
- Cliche Finder: Finds and highlights cliches in your writing.
- Contributor Covenant: A code of conduct pledge, to respect and appreciate contributors and participants in open source projects.
- Danger: Formalizes pull request ettiquette.
- Grammarly: Grammarly makes sure everything you type is clear and mistake-free. It even checks for plagiarism.
- The Hemingway Editor: Hemingway helps you write with power and clarity by highlighting adverbs, passive voice, and dull, complicated words. Cut the dead weight from your writing.
- JigSaw: A technology incubator focused on countering extremism and removing censorship online.
- Markdownlint: A tool to check markdown files and flag style issues.
- Markdownlint-cli: Provides a command line interface for MarkdownLint.
- Perspective API: An API that uses machine learning models to score the perceived impact of comments before they are sent. There is a demo nearer to the bottom of the page which can be used to try out the API.
- Prompts: Prompts makes suggestions for what you should write next.
- ProWritingAid: ProWritingAid suggests edits for repetitiveness, vague wording, sentence length variation, over-dependence on adverbs, passive voice, over-complicated sentence constructions, spelling, and grammar.
- Readable.io: Readable.io analyzes the readability of text and suggests ways to improve it.
- Taskade: Taskade is a real-time collaborative editor for creating bullet lists, outlines, and task lists.
- Weallbehave: Weallbehave is a command-line tool for automatically generating and updating the
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.mdfor your projects.
- Write Good: Write Good is a tool for improving language that can be run again code in a shell or within text editors via test editor plugins.