Search In Setting Plugin
This plugin helps administrators to search for setting items from Admin page of a question2answer page - the search box works similarly to Chrome browser preference search feature.
- Add search box to admin page
- Search and show results in another page
- Navigate to admin site/sub-page that contains the corresponding setting
Installation - In brief
- Install question2answer site
- Add search-in-setting plugin to the site by copying to qa-plugin folder
- Turn it on via Plugins and Layout site under Admin page
Installation - Full steps
Install question2answer site
- Install your q2a site by following question2answer.org guide
Add **search-in-setting* plugin*
- Get the source code for this plugin from github
- Copy it to %q2aHOME%qa-plugin folder
Turn it on 1 of 2 - via Plugins
- Go to Admin -> Plugins page of your installed question2answer site, we will see all plugins are listed here
- Locate Search In Setting, select options, make sure Enable this plugin is checked, and hit Save Changes
Turn it on 2 of 2 - via Layout
- Go to Admin -> Layout, the widget Search In Setting should be listed there under Available widgets
- Hit Add widget to add our search box to the content layout
- Select where to display it in Position e.g. 'Main area - Top'
- Check the following page checkboxes to select pages to display e.g. 'Show widget in this position on all available pages' for all pages
- Hit Save options
In Admin - General page, at Preferred site URL, the URL of your q2a home page should be copied there correctly.
E.g. If your published page is at http://demo.question2answer.org/, then this exact URL should be used in Preferred site URL box.
This helps to display the search result page properly.
The translation file is qa-search-setting-lang-default.php.
Copy this file and rename it to qa-search-setting-lang-<your_language_code>.php e.g. qa-search-setting-lang-vi.php for Vietnamese.
One translation sample as below.
'placeholder_text'=>'Search Setting', in English to be translated to Vietnamese by 'placeholder_text'=>'Tìm kiếm cài đặt',
See here for more details on q2a translation
This is the first version, and it run well on question2answer version 1.7
Question2Answer is a free and open source platform for Q&A sites. For more information, visit http://www.question2answer.org/