Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0
Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 is the latest version of Heartsome's CAT software series. This version features many revolutionary improvements compared to previous versions, especially with regard to ease of use and file format support.
Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 has incorporated feedback based on practical experience from project managers, translators and proofreaders in the localization industry, which has resulted in a wealth of improvements and innovations, including:
- New User Interface
- New Project Management Functions
- More File Formats Support, Enhanced translation engine
- Innovative machine translation (MT) pre-saving feature
- New RTF proofreading support
- More Database Support
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X 10.4+ (Universal), a variety of Linux versions Java Runtime: Sun Microsystems Java 1.6.x or later
- Disk space: at least 100 MB of free space, 200 MB free space recommended if on system partition, 1GB or more of free space recommended in data partitions depending on your data volume.
- System Memory: 1GB or higher
- Processor: 1 Ghz or faster x86 or x64 processor
- A new integrated interface including a project management window, a translation window and a match window.
- The whole localization process, from file preparation to post-translation processing, can be completed in a single unified interface.
- Drag and drop any panel to your favorite place, minimize and maximize them, or switch between vertical and horizontal layouts.
- Displays all translation content for better context.
- All your TMs and termbases can be managed in one interface, with all your database server connection history saved automatically.
- Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 is project based. The project panel supports powerful drag-and-drop and batch operations, and helps streamline project management tasks.
- Intelligent locking of repetitions.
- Customize calculation of the equivalent wordcount to be paid at the full word rate.
- Real-time translation and editing progress statistics.
- Automatically lock duplicates.
- Automatically propagate translation.
- Export/import project packages.
- Split files at any specific place in the file.
Machine Translation (MT) pre-saving
Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 supports both Google Translate API v2 and Bing Translator, and is pioneering machine translation storage as a TM in the Heartsome XLIFF file. This makes machine translation instantly available to you without waiting, or paying superfluous fees for reaccessing these machine translation APIs.
- Supported file formats include: RTF, HTML, XML, DITA, plain text, Java Properties, PO, RC/ResX, SVG, Open Document (OpenOffice.org 2.x) and OpenOffice.org 1.x, Office 2003 (indirect support), tagged RTF. Also features a sophisticated segmentation rules manager that complies with the SRX standard.
- New and enhanced filters for Adobe FrameMaker 7/8/9/10 MIF files, Adobe InDesign IDML files, SDL Trados XLIFF files and DejaVu XLIFF files.
- Redesigned Microsoft Office 2007/2010, HTML, and SDL Trados TagEditor (.ttx) filters.
- New file conversion rules.
- New, highly-efficient XML parser.
- Customize filter conditions while performing concordance searches.
- Enhanced terminology consistency functionality.
- Enhanced sample-based machine translation.
- Support for Google Translate API v2 and Bing Translator.
- Fully configurable hotkeys and ergonomic shortcuts.
- Customize translation status colors.
- Integrated context match technology.
- Append translation unit properties, such as project-related information, job-related information, modified by, modified on.
- Enhanced file preview.
- New shortcuts for steamlining tag management and insertion.
- Support for all common input methods, including basic editing functions:Cut, copy, paste and undo.
- Real-time automatic checks and batch checks.
- New segments filter.
- Open selected files in one tab.
- Export RTF for proofreading.
Translation Memory and Termbases
- Easily share TMs and termbases from anywhere around the world.
- Supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and various other databases.
- Supports cloud databases, such as Amazon RDS.
- CSV to TBX Converter
- CSV to TMX Converter
- MARTIF to TBX Converter
- TMX to Trados TXT memory file Converter
- Java Properties Viewer
- RTF Cleaner
- TMX Validator
- XSL Converter
Download open-source version
- All installer: Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8(Recommend): 32bit with JRE, 64bit with JRE
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8: 32bit without JRE, 64bit without JRE
- Linux(Ubuntu Desktop/Fedora/openSuSE/etc...):32bit, 64bit
- Mac OS X 10.6+(Universal): Download now, Mac OS X 32bit(Older)
- User Manual: English, Chinese
- Datasheet: English, Chinese
- Translation and Proofreading Quick Start Guide
- Project Management Quick Start Guide
- File Conversion Guide
- MySQL Tutorial
- How to create a project in HS Translation Studio 8.0
- How to manage your DB in Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0
- Create Project in Heartsome 8 on Mac OS
- Customize your shortcuts in Heartsome Translation Studio
- Pre-storing Machine Translation in Heartsome
I received the following message: "A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Heartsome Translation Studio. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: ……"
Answer: This message will be displayed if your system has not properly installed the JRE or JDK.Please download and install the appropriate JRE version for your current operating system from Oracle website.
Note: When you install the JRE package, you do not need to configure anything like the installation directory. Just follow the default installation steps.
What shortcuts can I use to copy matches from the TM and TB windows?
Answer: You can use CTRL +1, CTRL +2, CTRL +3 (can be customized) for the first three TM matches.
Note: By default, the software only provides these three shortcuts for the first three TM matches. If you need to get other TM matches, you can double-click the corresponding match.
You can use Ctrl+Shift +1, Ctrl+Shift +2, ... Ctrl+Shift +0 (can be customized) for the first 10 TB matches.
Note: By default, the software only provides shortcuts for the first 10 TB matches. If you need to get other TB matches, you can double-click the corresponding match.
How do I install Aspell dictionary for Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 on my Mac?
Answer: Please perform the following steps:
- Download and install CocoaAspell from http://cocoaspell.leuski.net.
- Install XCode from the App Store.
- Download Aspell dictionary from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict.
- Extract the dictionary files from the archive, and remember the location.
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app, then use the "cd" command to enter the dict folder (e.g., cd ~/Downloads/aspell6-en-7.1-0).
- In the Terminal, run the following 3 commands one by one:
./configure make sudo make install
- If you want to install other dictionaries, use the "cd" command to enter another dictionary folder (e.g., cd ../aspell6-de-20030222-1) and repeat Step 6.
- Open Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 > Tools > Options > QA Settings, Select Aspell as your Spell Checker.
- In Options > Aspell Spell Checker > Path, enter /usr/local/bin/aspell, then click the Refresh button to list the dictionaries installed.
- As you would for the Built-in Spell Checker, select the language you want to perform the spell check on and the related dictionary to be used, then click the "Add" button.
Does Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 support XLIFF files from other CAT tools, such as: Trados, Déjà Vu, memoQ, etc.?
Answer: Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 treats .sdlxliif, .ttx, .xlf and mqxlz files as source files. This means you can convert them to .hsxliff just like any other file. When you finish the translation, you can convert the .hsxliff files back to the original .sdlxliif, .ttx, .xlf and .mqxlz files.
Heartsome Translation Studio.exe does not run when I double-click it. Why not?
Answer: First of all, make sure you have installed the correct version of JRE or JDK, which you can download from Oracle Java website; Secondly, check whether Heartsome Translation Studio.exe has been blocked by anti-virus software, such as Norton. If it has been blocked, please add Heartsome Translation Studio.exe to the trusted list.
How do I set up the workspace layout? How do I restore the default layout?
Answer: Please perform the following steps:
1. Open or close any window from the "View" menu. 2. Drag and drop windows to your preferred position. 3. Select View > Restore Default Layout to restore the default layout.
GPL v2.0 License.
Copyright (C) 2007-2014 Heartsome Technologies Ltd.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.