Home Assistant Omnik solar sensor component
The Omnik solar sensor component will retrieve data from an Omnik solar inverter. The values will be presented as sensors (or attributes of sensors) in Home Assistant.
Note: Currently the Omnik Portal is not supported anymore. It seems that the Omnik Portal API is not operational anymore. Currently I do not see a solution to retrieve the data from the Omnik Portal website.
Note: Your Omnik inverter must support http calls which is used to retrieve data responses. Some users indicated that their inverter not works and therefore no responses are received.
HACS (Home Assistant Community Store)
This is a custom component. Custom components are not installed by default in your Home Assistant installation. HACS is an Home Assistant store integration from which this integration can be easily installed and updated. By using HACS you will also make sure that any new versions are installed by default and as simple as the installation itself.
Create a directory called
omnik in the
<config directory>/custom_components/ directory on your Home Assistant instance.
Install this component by copying the files in [
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/heinoldenhuis/home_assistant_omnik_solar/master/custom_components/omnik/manifest.json and https://raw.githubusercontent.com/heinoldenhuis/home_assistant_omnik_solar/master/custom_components/omnik/sensor.py) from this repo into the new
<config directory>/custom_components/omnik/ directory you just created
This is how your custom_components directory should be:
custom_components ├── omnik │ ├── __init__.py │ ├── manifest.json │ └── sensor.py
To enable this sensor, add the following lines to your configuration.yaml file:
sensor: - platform: omnik name: MyOmnik inverter_host: 192.168.1.123 inverter_port: 8899 inverter_serial: <serial number wifi/lan module> (example 1612345603) scan_interval: 60 sensors: actualpower: [energytotal, energytoday] energytoday: energytotal: hourstotal: invertersn: temperature: dcinputvoltage: dcinputcurrent: acoutputvoltage: acoutputcurrent: acoutputfrequency: acoutputpower:
- inverter_host (Required): The IP address of the Omnik solar inverter.
- inverter_port (Optional): The port nummber of the Omnik solar inverter. Default port 8899 is used.
- inverter_serial (Required): The device serial number of the Omnik solar wifi/lan module.
- name (Optional): Let you overwrite the name of the device in the frontend. Default value: Omnik
- sensors (Required): List of values which will be presented as sensors:
- actualpower: Sensor with the actual power value.
- energytoday: Sensor with the total energy value for the current day.
- energytotal: Sensor with the total energy value.
- hourstotal: Sensor with the actual power value.
- invertersn: Sensor with the serial number value.
- temperature: Sensor with the temperature value for the inverter.
- dcinputvoltage: Sensor with the actual DC input voltage value.
- dcinputcurrent: Sensor with the actual DC input current value.
- acoutputvoltage: Sensor with the actual AC output voltage value.
- acoutputcurrent: Sensor with the actual AC output current value.
- acoutputfrequency: Sensor with the actual AC output frequenty value.
- acoutputpower: Sensor with the actual AC output power value.
You can create composite sensors, where the subsensors will be shown as attributes of the main sensor, for example:
sensors: actualpower: [energytotal, energytoday]