An implementation of Fictionary for Android
server/ contains a NodeJS server backend. It requires
dictionary.sql to be loaded in a MySQL database. To start the server, set up the MySQL database with
config.json following the instructions from
server/runServer.js. Navigate to
server/ and run
npm i to initialize and
npm start. Then, set the URL in
fictionary-android/gradle.properties to your instance.
Then, build and run the Android app.
- Add better instructions for how to play, possibly with a viewpager/page by page for easy understanding.
- Actually implement the game
Short term goals:
- Have a working game on a single device.
- Have an offline cache of SQLite3 database of words, instead of requiring a backend.
- Get some icons
Long term goals:
- Multi device support with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi.
- Possible porting to React Native/Intel Multi-OS Engine/libGDX/Corona, depends on which one I want to learn
- Cross-platform support (including possibly web)