This code base is for the website:
The website is based on Jekyll, which automatically builds changes on GitHub. You don't have to run Jekyll yourself to make changes.
Add software package
- Fork this repo on GitHub.
- make your changes in _data/projects.yml
- Be sure to read the taxonomy to properly add keywords
- make a Pull Request on GitHub.
Add gallery example
To add a gallery example see the gallery repository.
Jekyll can be setup on Linux / Windows Subsystem for Linux for optional previewing of the website on your computer by:
apt install ruby-dev libssl-dev gem update --system
- be sure Gems are installed to home directory, NOT system (no sudo) by adding to ~/.bashrc:
# Install Ruby Gems to ~/gems export GEM_HOME=$HOME/gems export PATH=$HOME/gems/bin:$PATH
- install Gem bundler (without sudo):
gem install jekyll bundler
- from the top-level repo directory:
in several seconds the website is viewable at http://localhost:4000
bundle install # one time bundle exec jekyll serve
- Learn about static site generators
- Install Ruby and Jekyll
- Create a custom website running on Jekyll and Sass
- Deploy a Jekyll site to GitHub pages
The code is open source and available under the MIT License.