DSpace open source software is a turnkey repository application used by more than 1000+ organizations and institutions worldwide to provide durable access to digital resources. For more information, visit http://www.dspace.org/
Past releases are all available via GitHub at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/releases
Documentation / Installation
Documentation for each release may be viewed online or downloaded via our Documentation Wiki.
The latest DSpace Installation instructions are available at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Installing+DSpace
Please be aware that, as a Java web application, DSpace requires a database (PostgreSQL or Oracle) and a servlet container (usually Tomcat) in order to function. More information about these and all other prerequisites can be found in the Installation instructions above.
DSpace is a community built and supported project. We do not have a centralized development or support team, but have a dedicated group of volunteers who help us improve the software, documentation, resources, etc.
We welcome contributions of any type. Here's a few basic guides that provide suggestions for contributing to DSpace:
- How to Contribute to DSpace: How to contribute in general (via code, documentation, bug reports, expertise, etc)
- Code Contribution Guidelines: How to give back code or contribute features, bug fixes, etc.
- DSpace Community Advisory Team (DCAT): If you are not a developer, we also have an interest group specifically for repository managers. The DCAT group meets virtually, once a month, and sends open invitations to join their meetings via the DCAT mailing list.
We also encourage GitHub Pull Requests (PRs) at any time. Please see our Development with Git guide for more info.
In addition, a listing of all known contributors to DSpace software can be found online at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpaceContributors
DSpace provides public mailing lists where you can post questions or raise topics for discussion. We welcome everyone to participate in these lists:
- firstname.lastname@example.org : General discussion about DSpace platform, announcements, sharing of best practices
- email@example.com : Technical support mailing list. See also our guide for How to troubleshoot an error.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : Developers / Development mailing list
Great Q&A is also available under the DSpace tag on Stackoverflow
Additional support options are listed at https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Support
DSpace also has an active service provider network. If you'd rather hire a service provider to install, upgrade, customize or host DSpace, then we recommend getting in touch with one of our Registered Service Providers.
The DSpace Issue Tracker can be found at: https://jira.duraspace.org/projects/DS/summary