everest - REST applications for python
everest features in a nutshell:
- A resource declaration framework that allows you to expose an entity domain model through a REST application;
- Extensible views for performing standard CRUD operations on resources in response to REST requests;
- Representers that convert resources to string representations and vice versa for a number of MIME types (XML, ATOM, CSV, JSON);
- A repository layer with four different storage backends: a memory backend, a file system backend, a NoSQL database backend and a relational database backend;
- A query language for expressing complex hierarchical queries on the resource object tree through URLs;
- A Flex client (distributed separately).
everest is simple. You need
- A recent version of Python (2.7.x). See here for instructions;
- The pip Python package installer. Follow the instructions here to get it;
With these requirements in place, all you need to do to install
to issue the command
> pip install --allow-external python-graph-core --allow-unverified python-graph-core everest
(the --allow-external and --allow-unverified flags are required for the python graph core package which has not been maintained in a while).
everest is hosted on github. To
contribute, please fork the project and submit a pull request. Please adhere to
PEP8 in your code and ensure 100% test coverage and zero pylint errors and
warnings (using the configuration file supplied in the support directory).