Create points of interest (POIs) with signs or a command in game, teleport back to them, and show them off on Minecraft Overviewer!
- Create POIs (Points of interest) with a single command
- Add a description to a POI
- Move a POI
- Teleport to a POI
- Show POIs on a Minecraft Overviewer map.
- MySQL or SQLite storage options
- Names and descriptions can have spaces.
I Want It
Get the Dependencies:
Download the ZIP containing all the stuff you need.
Unzip to a working directory. (Desktop, home directory, etc.)
Move the 'Waypoints.jar' file and the 'Waypoints' folder to your '%BUKKIT_HOME%/plugins' directory.
Edit '%BUKKIT_HOME%/plugins/Waypoints/config.yml' (See Configuration below)
I Want Markers on Minecraft Overviewer!
Okay, just a few more steps (using FabianN's fork of Overviewer):
- The ZIP file contains a folder called 'web', move the contents of that folder to the 'web_assets' folder of your Minecraft Overviewer installation.
- Open the 'index.html' page in web_assets and add this after the other scripts:
- Optionally, to style Info Windows, add this after the other
<link rel="stylesheet" href="waypoints/waypoints.css" type="text/css" />.
- Open the 'overviewer.js' script in web_assets and add this:
waypoints.init();after this (on about line 41):
overviewer.util.createMapControls();Examples (ChatterCraft is also added): index.html (View source) and overviewer.js
/waypoint create | Create a new waypoint (and select it) /waypoint select | Select an existing waypoint /waypoint deselect | Select no waypoint (deselect) /waypoint delete | Delete the selected waypoint /waypoint describe | Describe the selected waypoint /waypoint move | Move the waypoint to the player's location /waypoint goto | Teleport to the selected waypoint /waypoint list [ ] | List the waypoints on the server /waypoint | Teleport to the specified waypoint
For MySQL storage: (plugins/Waypoints/config.yml)
storage: engine: type: 'sql' dbms: 'MYSQL' uri: 'jdbc:mysql://<server>:3306/<database>' username: '<dbuser>' password: '<dbpass>'
For SQLite storage: (plugins/Waypoints/config.yml)
storage: engine: type: 'sql' dbms: 'SQLITE' uri: 'jdbc:sqlite:path/to/waypoints.db'
- 'waypoints.create' - Create and modify waypoints
- 'waypoints.list' - List the waypoints on the server
- 'waypoints.teleport' - Teleport to a waypoint
- 'waypoints.admin.delete' - Delete other users' waypoints
- 'waypoints.admin.edit' - Move or change the description of other users' waypoints
Bugs / TODO
Sorted in descending order of priority:
- TODO: Support for more permissions systems (currently Permissions 2.7.x is REQUIRED)
- TODO: Support for no permissions system (configurable: OPs can do this, regular users can/can't do that)
- BUG: When using commands, the max chat length applies. This affects the maximum length of descriptions and names. (This might be fixed in a later version, something to the effect of adding description and deleting descriptions, etc.)
- TODO: Flat file storage
- TODO: Create POIs with signs (need a way to check sign text on deletion of sign then delete waypoint from storage)
- TODO: Multiple/custom icons for POIs (in game limitations increase complexity)
Changelog - Plugin
- Fixed a glorious SQL connection bug where the plugin becomes useless after an hour or so running. Version 0.9
- Initial release
Changelog - Overviewer Addon
- Added Info Windows Version 1.0
- Initial Release