This project is a work in progress. Contributions are very welcome.
There is a pre-commit hook that runs:
npm run test && npm run roadmarks for linting the readme and creating the TOC.
That said, we'd like to maintain some consistency across the document.
- Definitions should be written using the simplest language possible. Every word should tell.
- Target programmers that have no functional programming experience.
- We value understandability more than accuracy. e.g. It's okay to describe a functor as a container.
- Don't overuse jargon even if defined elsewhere in the document.
- Link to terms defined in the document when you use them in a definition.
- Avoid big walls of text
- Be consistent with other examples
- Prefer arrow functions
- Parenthesis around function arguments
- Put output values in comments
- Keep it short and simple
This styleguide is a WIP too! Send PRs :)