LBackup is an open source (GNU GPL) backup system, aimed at systems administrators who demand reliable backups.
Use this project to build the OS X package installer for LBackup.
In order to build an OS X LBackup Apple install package follow the steps outlined below :
- Ensure that you have checked out the version of lbackup core which you wish to build : http://github.com/henri/lbackup_core
- Ensure that you have installed the OS X developer tools : http://developer.apple.com/technologies/tools/
- Ensure that "The Luggage" is installed on your system : https://github.com/unixorn/luggage
- Ensure that the "lbackup_core" and "lbackup_install_osx" share the same parent directory.
- Copy the "Makefile_template" to a file called Makefile and make any necessary alterations.
- Execute the "build.bash" script.
Further information including basic and more advanced usage is available from the following URL: http://www.lbackup.org
Instructions for installing directly from source are available from the following URL : http://www.lbackup.org/source
Comments and suggestions regarding the LBackup project and also this OS X package install process are very welcome.