A simple Text Interface Engine to control text output (like in a RPG dialogue) for Godot.
The "Cave-Story" font was created by enigmansmp1824; it's CC-BY-SA licensed, and can be found in https://fontlibrary.org/pt/font/cave-story.
A simple demonstration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkd-nIIPxVw
This is the Godot v3.x version of the plugin; for Godot v2.x compatibility, check the
- Control the velocity in which the text is going to be displayed! (Even text dialogues can have emotions!)
- Adjust visually the Interface size, so it can fit it in any Dialogue box you want! The script will handle the maximum number of lines and characters!
- Buffer texts, inputs, and breaks in the Dialogue, with easy to use methods!
- Control the Dialogue flow from the outside with the available user signals!
- Use tags on specific parts of your text! (In a RPG, you may want to show specific animations during certain parts of the dialogue; e.g. a "!" question mark popup in the head of a character in one of the moments of the dialogue)
- User scroll friendly; Log all the text printed; auto-clip words; and more!
Take a look at the 'public' methods in the script and the export variables available; it should give you a hint about the stuff you can easily customize in the engine!
You'll need the Godot Engine to do this.
To use GodotTIE as an Addon:
- Copy the "addons" folder to your project.
- Enable GodotTIE addon on "Project Settings".
- Instance a TextInterfaceEngine node to your scene.
- Merged dalton5000 pull-request: Added Godot 3.x compatibility!
- Added new branch for Godot 2.x version of the addon.
- Corrected Issue of last lines not appearing on very large texts.
- Merged radicaled pull-request: Added "buff_clear" as a new buff to reset the text.
- Merged radicaled pull-request: Changed add_user_signal to signal keyword.
- Font-overriding bug (max_lines) corrected by David Paiva!
- Since Addons on Godot are gold since v.2.0, I deleted the old GodotTIE folder to make the addon easier to understand and install - also updated the project Icon and scene file.
- Corrected bug with "set_buff_speed". Thanks David Paiva!
- Changed the "buffs" to dictionaries, to increase readability.
- Fixed bug with "tag" signals (should only call it once).
- Setup of the finished project on GitHub.