Definitely for advanced users.
Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which can configure network activity on your computer.
The lightweight application is less than a megabyte, and it is compatible with Windows Vista and higher operating systems. You can download either the installer or portable version. For correct working, need administrator rights.
List of arguments for
/install- enable filtering (you can set
/silentargument to skip prompt)
/uninstall- remove all installed filters
When you uninstall simplewall, all previously installed filters are stay alive in system. To remove all filters created by simplewall, start simplewall and press "Disable filters" button.
- Simple interface without annoying pop ups
- Rules editor (create your own rules)
- Internal blocklist (block Windows spy / telemetry)
- Dropped packets information with notification and logging to a file feature (win7+)
- Allowed packets information with logging to a file feature (win8+)
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) support (win10)
- Windows Store support (win8+)
- Windows services support
- Free and open source
- Localization support
- IPv6 support
To activate portable mode, create "simplewall.ini" in application folder, or move it from "%APPDATA%\Henry++\simplewall".
- Is it safe to use simplewall with Windows Firewall?
- Are internet connections blocked when simplewall is not running?
- How can i disable blocklist entirely?
- How to fix Windows Update and Windows Store internet access (temporary solution)
- How to fix IDM Browser Integration
- How to remove Windows Security center warnings win10 1607+
- Windows Security center integration (impossible)