Ark gives you tools to back up and restore your Kubernetes cluster resources and persistent volumes. Ark lets you:
- Take backups of your cluster and restore in case of loss.
- Copy cluster resources to other clusters.
- Replicate your production environment for development and testing environments.
Ark consists of:
- A server that runs on your cluster
- A command-line client that runs locally
You can run Ark in clusters on a cloud provider or on-premises. For detailed information, see Compatible Storage Providers.
Ark version 0.10.0 introduces a number of breaking changes. Before you upgrade to version 0.10.0, make sure to read the documentation on upgrading.
The documentation provides a getting started guide, plus information about building from source, architecture, extending Ark, and more.
Thanks for taking the time to join our community and start contributing!
Feedback and discussion are available on the mailing list.
Before you start
- Please familiarize yourself with the Code of Conduct before contributing.
- See CONTRIBUTING.md for instructions on the developer certificate of origin that we require.
- Read how we're using ZenHub for project and roadmap planning
- We welcome pull requests. Feel free to dig through the issues and jump in.
See the list of releases to find out about feature changes.