We're excited to release our first beta for v1.0! This beta includes all key features for v1.0 plus a number of bug fixes and documentation updates. See the All Changes section below for details. Please test it out in your non-critical environments!
We'll continue to fix bugs and make minor changes, and we expect to ship at least one more beta or release candidate prior to the general availability of v1.0.0.
- Add PartiallyFailed phase for restores (#1389, @skriss)
- Add PartiallyFailed phase for backups, log + continue on errors during backup process (#1386, @skriss)
- Switch from
restic snapshotsfor checking restic repository existence (#1416, @skriss)
- Disallow bucket names starting with '-' (#1407, @nrb)
- Shorten label values when they're longer than 63 characters (#1392, @anshulc)
- Fail backup if it already exists in object storage. (#1390, @ncdc,carlisia)
- Install command: Use
latestimage tag if no version information is provided at build time (#1439, @nrb)
- GCP: add optional 'project' config to volume snapshot location for if snapshots are in a different project than the IAM account (#1405, @skriss)
- Azure: restore disks with zone information if it exists (#1298, @sylr)
- Replace config/ with examples/ in release tarball (#1406, @skriss)