This is herdtools7, a tool suite to test weak memory models.
We provide the following tools:
- herd7: a generic simulator for weak memory models
- litmus7: run litmus tests (given as assembler programs for Power, ARM, AArch64 or X86) to test the memory model of the executing machine
- diy7: produce litmus tests from concise specifications
- some additional tools
- mcompare7 to analyse run logs of both herd and litmus.
- klitmus7, an experimental tool, similar to litmus7 that runs kernel memory model tests as kernel modules. The tool klitmus7 is inspired from a python script by Andrea Parri,. http://retis.sssup.it/~a.parri/lkmm/run.py
herdtools7 is the successor of the diy tool suite.
Compilation and installation
See file INSTALL.md.
The authors of the diy7 tool suite are Jade Alglave and Luc Maranget.
Copyright 2010 -- present: Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique, and the authors.
Diy7 is released under the terms of the CeCILL-B free software license agreement. See file LICENSE.txt.