JS13K Games 2017
My game entry for JS13K Games 2017 on the theme "Lost".
Tourist: noun, /'toorəst/. Person geographically and culturally lost, trying to cross iconic monuments off their bucket list before their tour bus departs.
You have 2 minutes to locate as many monuments as possible in Paris. (Given the game is unfinished, the tourist is the small blinking square, whereas the monuments are the big blinking squares, red if unvisited, green if visited).
Move: arrow keys / WASD (Englih keybard) / ZQSD (French keyboard) / tap or swipe screen (think of screen as a D-Pad)
Desktop and mobile.
npm start -> build game, open a browser, watch source and livereload browser on changes npm run build -> build game for gamejam submission (no sourcemap and livereload script)
Special Thanks & Credits
- Eoin McGrath for his original build script
- Peters and flo- for their pixel font from Glitch Hunter
- Ryan Malm for sharing his Twitter message code
- Maxime Euziere for his switch/case approach to handling game screens in update/render/input handlers
- Florent Cailhol for suggesting Terser in place of UglifyJS
- Matt for pointing out the existence of
- Frank Force and Keith Clark for their über smoll sound & music players, ZzFX and ZzFX Music respectively
- Steven Lambert for his Pseudo Random Number Generator from Kontra.js