- Java JDK 1.5
- Android SDK http://developer.android.com
- Apache ANT
- Ruby (Optional, see section: DroidGap with JRuby)
On any POSIX machine add PhoneGap/Android to your PATH variable like so:
On Windows add the phonegap-android/bin to your PATH as normal.
Tools for developers building mobile apps using PhoneGap for Android.
droidgap [command] [parameters]
help ...... See this message. Type help [command name] to see specific help topics. gen ....... Generate the example PhoneGap application to current directory (or optionally provide an output directory as parameter). create .... Creates an Android compatible project from a WWW folder. classic ... Backwards support for droidgap script. Run "droidgap help classic" for more info. update .... Copy a fresh phonegap.jar and phonegap.js into a valid PhoneGap/Android project. test ...... Gets edge copy of mobile-spec and runs in first device or emulator attached.
$ droidgap gen exampleapp $ cd exampleapp $ ant debug install && adb logcat
If you want to use the droidgap command but do not want to install Ruby then you can call it using jruby jar included in the lib folder. All the options are the same and a call looks like this:
java -jar jruby-complete-1.4.0RC1.jar ../bin/droidgap help run
Keep in mind this will be slower due to JVM warmup.
- File > New > Project...
- Android > Android Project
- Create project from existing source (point to the generated app found in tmp/android)
- Right click on libs/phonegap.jar and add to build path
- Right click on the project root: Run as > Run Configurations
- Click on the Target tab and select Manual (this way you can choose the emulator or device to build to)
Make sure you have a device plugged in (with debugging enabled) or a running emulator. Then:
ant debug install
Given a Widget called FooBar with an index.html file in it. You navigate to its folder and run:
droidgap create cd ../FooBar_android ant debug install
adb devices List of devices attached 0123456789012 device
apk -s 0123456789012 install phonegap.apk
Attach it to a process on the device
$ adb jdwp adb forward tcp:8000 jdwp: jdb -attach localhost:8000