Not every specs are update for BfA, please check the table below (Supported Rotations), if a spec is in WIP or Outdated, please do not report an issue about it.
If you are experiencing issues with AoE rotation (likely abilities not being recommended), be sure to have enemies nameplates enabled and enough nameplates shown (camera can hide them).
If you see an icon with "POOL" written inside, it means you have to pool your resources. It's a normal behavior, please see this link explaining resource pooling.
HeroRotation is a World of Warcraft addon to provide the player useful and precise information to execute the best possible DPS rotation in every PvE situation at max level. The project is hosted on GitHub and powered by HeroLib. It is maintained by Aethys and the HeroTC team. Also, you can find it on Curse and CurseForge.
There are a lot of helpful commands, do '/hr help' to see them in-game ! Although, most of the commands and options are being moving to Addons Panels, you can see them by going into Interface -> Addons -> HeroRotation.
Feel free to join our Discord. Feedback is highly appreciated !
- Main icon that shows the next ability you should cast.
- Two smaller icons above the previous one that shows the useful OffGCD abilities to use.
- One medium icon on the left that shows every ability that should be cycled (i.e. multi-dotting).
- One medium-small icon on the upper-left that does proposals about situational abilities (trinkets, potions, ...).
- Toggles to turn On/Off the CDs or AoE to adjust the rotation according to the situation (the addon can be disabled this way aswell).
Toggles can now use directly key bindings, set them in 'Game Menu -> Key Bindings -> AddOns'
- Handle both single target and AoE rotations (it auto adapts).
- Optimized pooling of resources when needed (ex: energy before using cooldowns as a rogue).
- Accurate TimeToDie prediction.
- Next cast prediction for casters.
- Special handlers for tricky abilities (ex: finality or exsanguinated bleeds for rogues).
- Solo mode to prioritize survivability over DPS. (Not available in every rotation)
Support the team
|Aethys||Core, Rogue, Tanks||Aug 2016|
|Nia||Hunter, Fury||Feb 2017|
|KutiKuti||Core, Priest, Warlock, Balance||Mar 2017|
|Krich||Death Knight||Jun 2017|
|Kojiyama||Havoc, Vengeance, Rogue||Sep 2017|
|Blackytemp||Feral, Rogue, Fire||Oct 2017|
Special Mention About SimC APL
As said earlier, every rotation is based on SimulationCraft Action Priority Lists (APL). What it means is, it heavily relies on how optimized those APLs are, especially for some talents, tier bonuses and legendaries support. Do remember that what the addon tells you is what the robot on SimulationCraft would do in your situation. It also means that you can improve the current APL by using the addon and report the issues you might encounter. I am a Rogue theorycrafter and contributor to SimulationCraft, both SimC APL and addon rotation are 100% synced. Both tools are used to do Rogue theorycrafting.
- SimulationCraft for everything the project gives to the whole WoW Community.
- KutiKuti & Nia for their daily support.
- Skasch for what we built together and the motivation he gave to me.
- Mystler & Kojiyama for their help on everything related to rogues that frees me a lot of time.
Advanced Users / Developper Notes
If you want to use the addon directly from the GitHub repository, you would have to symlink every folders from this repository (HeroRotation folder and every class modules but the template) to your WoW Addons folder. Furthermore, to make it working, you need to add the only dependency that is HeroLib following the same processus (symlink HeroLib & HeroCache from the repository). There is a script that does this for you, open symlink.bat (or symlink.sh) and modify the two vars (WoWRep and GHRep) to match your local setup. Make sure HeroRotation's directories doesn't already exist as it will not override them. Finally, launch symlink.bat
Stay tuned ! Aethys