Pre-Release Software Information
Hestia Control Panel is undergoing rapid changes in development. As such, it is important to note that:
- Current builds are released as a beta and are intended for development and testing purposes only.
- This software should not be used on production systems without understanding the risks.
- By using this software, you acknowledge and accept that bugs or issues could occur at any time.
- By using this software, you acknowledge and accept that changes to the functionality or user interface are likely during the course of development.
What is Hestia Control Panel?
- An open source web server control panel with an easy-to-use interface.
- A lightweight alternative to cPanel, Plesk, etc.
What does Hestia Control Panel support?
- Standard Web Server (apache2/nginx) with PHP
- PHP Web Application Server (nginx + php-fpm)
- Multiple PHP versions (5.6 - 7.3)
- DNS Server (Bind) with clustering capabilities
- Mail Server (Exim/Dovecot) with Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam (ClamAV and SpamAssassin)
- Database functionality (MariaDB/PostgreSQL)
- Let's Encrypt SSL with wildcard certificates
Supported operating systems:
- Debian 8 or 9
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- NOTE: Hestia Control Panel must be installed on top of a fresh operating system installation to ensure proper functionality.
Installing Hestia Control Panel
Step 1: Log in
To install Hestia Control Panel on your server, you will need to be logged in as root either directly from the command line console or remotely via SSH:
Step 2: Download
Download the installation script for the latest release:
Step 3: Run
To begin the installation process, simply run the script and follow the on-screen prompts:
You will receive a welcome email at the address specified during installation (if applicable) and on-screen instructions after the installation is completed to log in and access your server.
Additional installation notes:
To perform an unattended installation using the default options:
bash hst-install.sh -f -y no -e <email> -p <password> -s <hostname>
For additional installation options:
bash hst-install.sh -h
Installing development builds
To install a development build based on the latest published code, you must first have an existing installation of Hestia available. If you do not have a server configured, please install the latest stable build using the instructions above before continuing.
Development builds should not be installed on systems with live production data.
Step 1: Download the compiler script
Step 2: Compile and install the desired build:
bash hst_autocompile.sh --packageset <branchname> <yes|no>
Valid options for packageset flag include:
For example, to install only the Control Panel itself built from the main development branch (develop):
bash hst_autocompile.sh --hestia develop yes
Important: Updates which have been released via the Hestia package repositories and upgraded through apt will replace installations which use the above method.
If you've run into an issue with Hestia Control Panel, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may investigate further and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
Bug reports can be filed using GitHub's Issues feature.
If you would like to contribute to the project, please read our submission guidelines for a brief overview of our development processes and standards.
Hestia Control Panel is open source and completely free for everyone to use.
If you would like to help our developers cover their time and infrastucture costs, or to support the Hestia Control Panel project as a whole, please consider making a donation via PayPal.