Invoke it as following
var md = HTML2Markdown("<h1>H1</h1>");
This call will return convert the html and return the mardown string like ""# H1\n\n"
Changes in this implementation
- Added new htmldomparser. A simple html parser implementation that assumes parsing is done in browser. Shold be compatible with john Resig's parser.
- Parser implementation provided support for ignoring tags that you do not want to convert.
- Parser also has an option to ignore dom elements with hidden styles.
- Added rules for parsing PRE, CODE, SPAN, DIV, TD, DL, DT
- Added support for ignoring tags that you do not want to convert.
- Improved "startBlock" method and renamed it to "block"
- Added support for nested lists
- Fixed some showdown rendering issues when a link has a nested image
- Some readability changes like collapse whitespace, treat images as block elements, do not output text if elements are empty.
- Added support for converting relative url's to absolute url's
- Dropped wordwrap function as it does not seem a good idea to introduce new lines in the converter. and wordwrap behaviro was not consistents as elements can be nested.
- Added support for refeence style images and links (option driven to choose between inline markdown formatting and refernce style formatting)
- Added ton's of unit tests.
Known conversion issues
If HTML tag is of following form. Then, currently showdown fails to render
<a href="/some_link"> <h1> <img src="/some_image_lin"/> </h1> </a>