Ness Computing memcached
The Ness Computing memcached adds a couple of things to memcached:
- add zookeeper announcements (see below)
- add compile option to compile static on Fedora (RedHat) Linux. See README.NESSCOMPUTING for details.
- add long command line options
- galaxification for deployment with galaxy
Zookeeper Announcements for memcached
This fork adds zookeeper announcements to memcached. Our internal service discovery system uses ephemeral nodes on Zookeeper to publish the coordinates of a service (ip, port, type) to the platform.
The format of the announcements is hard coded and very Ness specific. However, we do plan to open source the actual discovery system soon.
This requires the zookeeper_st library from zookeeper.apache.org (we use zookeeper-3.3.3), the json-c library from http://oss.metaparadigm.com/json-c/ and libuuid from http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/. The latter two are bundled with Fedora Linux.
- --with-zookeeper= - Path to the zookeeper installation (or "yes" to use a systemwide installation)
- --with-libjson= - Path to the libjson installation (system wide installed on fedora)
- --with-libuuid= - Path to the libuuid installation (system wide installed on fedora)
Command line options
- -Z or --zookeeper-connect-string - The Zookeeper connect string (:[,:])
- -z or --zookeeper-node-path - The base path on Zookeeper for announcements (default: /ness/srvc)
- -N or --ness-service-name - The service name to announce (default: memcached)
-T or --ness-service-type - The service type to announce (not announced by default)
-v enables zookeeper INFO logging
- -vv enables zookeeper DEBUG logging
(C) 2011 Ness Computing, Inc. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of the Ness Computing nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This product includes software developed at The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
Apache ZooKeeper Copyright 2009 The Apache Software Foundation