This repository contains replication files for the paper: "High-Stakes Grades and Student Behavior" by Hans Henrik Sievertsen and Ulrik Hvidman (see: http://jhr.uwpress.org/content/early/2019/09/10/jhr.56.3.0718-9620R2.abstract).
The repository contains three folders:
- adofiles: contains Stata .ado files that defines functions (programs) written by the authors.
- dofiles: contains two folders of Stata .do files and two .do files.
- the file settings.do specifies the working directory, globals etc.
- the file locals.do sets model specifications.
- the folder databuild contains Stata .do files that creates the dataset used for analyses based on files from Statistics Denmark.
- the folder analysis contains Stata .do files that creates all tables and figures for the manuscript.
- grade combinations contains two files.
- combinations.py calculates the number of combinations that can lead to a certain GPA
- create_charts_in_R creates visualizations using the results combinations.py.