Welcome to Hibari. Hibari is a production-ready, distributed, key-value, big data store. Hibari uses chain replication for strong consistency, high-availability, and durability. Hibari has excellent performance especially for read and large value operations.
Please read Getting Started section of Hibari Application Developer Guide.
- Google Group hibaridb-users for English Speakers
- Google Group hibaridb-users-ja for Japanese Speakers
As of Hibari v0.1 (since year 2010), only the native Erlang client has been used in production. All other client APIs (Thrift, JSON-RPC, UBF, and S3) are still in proof of concept stage and only implement the basic operations.
Hibari v0.5 will have a full-featured Thrift client.
Short-term roadmap (as of January 2013)
v0.1 series (unstable)
- Minor bug fixes
- Update for Erlang/OTP R15
- Support for building on Ubuntu, including ARMv7 architecture
- Move S3 and JSON-RPC components out from Hibari distribution
(remove from the
repomanifests.) S3 and JSON-RPC will become separate projects and will use
rebarto manage dependencies. (Hibari will continue using
v0.5 series (unstable)
- A complete Thrift API (
- Server-side timestamp and rename (Server-side timestamp is required by Thrift API)
- Server-side counter
- The latest external libraries (ubf, ubf-thrift, riak-err)
- Basho Bench driver
- A complete Thrift API (
v0.6 series (stable)
- Source code package. Application developers can build Hibari
repoby using this package. (Hibari developers will continue using
- Documentation rework
- Sample codes
- Cookbook for Opscode Chef for automated single-node and multi-node deployments
- More QuickCheck and EUnit test cases
- Source code package. Application developers can build Hibari without
- MapReduce (mruby?)
- SNMP support
- LETS (Google LevelDB) or HanoiDB as an alternative key storage for optimizing RAM usage
- Scavenger enhancements
- Big writes/reads (
appendto a value and
partial_readfrom a value)
Copyright (c) 2005-2013 Hibari developers. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Note for License
Hibari has decided to display "Hibari developers" as the copyright name in the source code files and manuals. Actual copyright holder names (contributors) will be listed in the AUTHORS file.