Running the project
- Clone this project repo.
- Install NPM AND Angular CLI 11.x globally on your computer.
- Install the project dependencies with
- Run the project with
npm run start.
Note: This project needs full access to your computer's audio! Windows machines typically allow easy access to system audio devices. MacOS blocks system audio and you'll likely need a third-party audio device like sound-flower or EQ-MAC
How the audio system works
For audio and EQ see audio-controller.ts All audio controls, streams and devices run through sync.service.ts
- Volume dB peaks into frequency ranges you set on each of 16 "bands"
- At the top of each band are two numbers, the range you've set and how much the audio peaks into this range
- How far into the range is calculated as .1 - 1.0 vib command
- 12 times per second the audio updates and triggers this math. (not sure of the perfect frequency yet)
- The user sets range levels on each frequency band
- When audio levels rise dB levels peak into the user's range
- The range is always 0-100% (translated to 0.1 - 1.0)
- 0.1 - 1.0 is used for haptic values
Submit a PR :)
This project is a work-in-progress and has no gaurantee of functionality in any way. Please help.
- FEATURE: Assigning selected frequency values to specific haptics the device may have.
- FIX: Optional video upload adds the file blob to
videosrc but not playable for an unknown reason
- FEATURE: Record JSON scripts of these "peak" values for playback on other script playing/editing softwares
- FEATURE: Edit a JSON script of recorded peak sensitivity scores
MIT - Please submit PRs to this repo for the community's use and progress on this audio-haptic project.
Copyright 2021 - HighFiiv
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.