This app provides a simple scaffold to start building an app with HMKit on Android. These things have been done:
- New Gradle project created in Android Studio
- SDK imported and added to dependencies
- SDK initialised with snippet from the Developer Center
- One example included to send a telematics command to the car
- One example included to send a Bluetooth command to the car
Before running the app, make sure to configure the following in
- Initialise HMKit with a valid
Device Certiticatefrom the Developer Center https://developers.high-mobility.com/
- Create an
Access Tokenin the car emulator by following the steps at https://high-mobility.com/learn/tutorials/sdk/android/ and paste it in the source code to download an
Access Certificatefrom the server.
Run the app
In the Developer Center, start the linked vehicle's Emulator. Run the app on an Android Virtual Device to send a few commands to the car. The app will display "HMKit Scaffold" on a grey screen; responses to the telematics commands can be found in the logs in Android Studio.
Note that Bluetooth only works on a real device.