To get started, check-it out: http://hilios.github.io/jQuery.countdown/
If you want to clone the repo always use the files under dist folder, they are optimized for production and development.
bower install jquery.countdown
script to your html:
Since version 2.0.0 we only support jQuery above 1.7 (including 2.0). For legacy 1.6 support please use the version 1.0.2.
There are few ways to get started, from the most simple example to advanced, we support many different countdown styles, see wich one fits your scenario, and if anyone doesn't it's a good starting point to customize your output.
- Basic coupon site with format N days hr:min:sec
- Advance coupon with conditionals and pluralization, format N weeks N days hr:min:sec
- Product launch in... (callback style)
- New year's eve (legacy style)
- Multiple instances on the same page
- Calculate the countdown total hours
- #22: Fix pause/continue crash with one countdown instance
- #25: Add Bower support
- Use strict mode
- #18: Add proper RequireJS testing
- Add the
- Add support for jQuery callback style
- Add grunt tools
- Better docs and examples
- #15: Add AMD support
- #10: Fix bug that call finish 2sec earlier
- #17: Fix bug when send miliseconds has a string was not parsed
- First public release
The Final Countdown uses Grunt with convenient methods for working with the plugin. It's how we compile our code and run tests. To use it, get NodeJS, install the required dependencies as directed and then run some Grunt commands.
npm install grunt test # Lint code and run unit test grunt build # Generate the release files (dev, min and zip) grunt # Watch for updates than test and build
This plugin is tested with QUnit, under jQuery 1.7.2 up to 2.0.3, Bootstrap 3.0 and RequireJS 2.1.9.
The functional tests were made against:
- Chrome >= 12
- Safari >= 5
- Firefox >= 5.0
- IE 7/8/9
Thanks for bug reporting and fixes:
- Daniel Leavitt (@dleavitt)
- Fagner Brack (@FagnerMartinsBrack)
- Matthew Sigley (@msigley)
- Roman Shterenzon (@romanbsd)
- Marios (@assiotis)
Copyright (c) 2011-2014 Edson Hilios. This is a free software is licensed under the MIT License.
- Edson Hilios. Mail me: edson (at) hilios (dot) com (dot) br