This is basically a chrome extension that helps users to compare two products on Amazon. Currently this extension works only in amazon.in
Two products are compared on the basis of the following fields:
Steps to install and use
Currently this extension has not been published yet so you can try out the unpackaged version of this extension. Below are the steps to follow to load the unpacked extension:
- You can clone or download this repo via the terminal by running
git clone https://github.com/himanish-star/compre.git
- Then open the Extension Management page by navigating to chrome://extensions.
- The Extension Management page can also be opened by clicking on the Chrome menu, hovering over More Tools then selecting Extensions.
- Enable Developer Mode by clicking the toggle switch next to Developer mode.
- Click the LOAD UNPACKED button and select the extension directory.
- Then after you load the unpacked extension you can view the extension mentioned in the extension page as shown in the figure below:
- Then visit https://www.amazon.in/ and view a product. When you are in the product page then right click and select
add this item to compareas shown in the figure below:
- Add two items to compare and once you do so click the compre icon located in the top right corner. Clicking this would open a popup showing the items that are being compared currently. You can also add more than two items to compare but only the first two would be compared at a time. To remove products from the popup list you'll have to click the red remove button. See fig. below for explanation:
- Click on the
open comapre pagebutton to visit the compare page. Please see fig. below:
Report a bug
As https://www.amazon.in/ uses a number of different templates for different categories of products it may so happen that some products may not get added to the compare list. If such a thing happens, please let me know. I will fix the issue right away. Each bug fix will enhance the quality of my extension further
- You can file an issue over here on github itself
- Or you can email me directly. My email id is firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Comparing !!!!