Source for my personal blog writings.sh.
Please create your own design if you fork this.
About This Site
This site is powered by jekyll, and the theme is self-created and self-maintained.
- Thanks to greate Netlify, it's a super-easy, super-cool page hosting service, with lots of free features such as free cdn, free cert-allocations, css&js minify, image optimization, and the most-featured deployment (much like CD) etc. However, because of the well-known reason, netlify and cloudfront sometimes perform slow when visited from China mainland, so requests from china are forwarded to Hostker (via dns).
- Post-related images are managed under directory
- Images in the posts should be optimized for smaller size, otherwise pages will be slow to load. Two tools to make image size smaller: tinypng and ImageOptim.
- SVG based image placeholders with blur effects are generated by SQIP. I wrote a tiny shell script for batch processing purpose. What's more, each post owns a main-heading-large image, its placeholder is an inline svg which is hand-written in the post meta, here's a tool to encode the inline code from svg source.
- Image lazy loading for better page loading experience: lozad.
- Thanks to Google fonts: Arvo as the main font for paragraphs, texts, aka the main font. Roboto (mono) as the font for code.
- Thanks to Icomoon, which is a wonderful and helpful icon application website, all icons in this site comes from icomoon's free plan, libraries used: Feather, designed by Cole Bemis.
- Thanks to greate MathJax, which is easy to setup, works everywhere and looks beautiful.
- The old old old feedburner.
- Anchor headings solution: jekyll-anchor-headings. Which helps to create a clickable anchor link inside text headings.
- The Drop-Cap effect, making the first larger helps readers to find the begining of our texts easily.
- Website monitor, the great free uptime-robot monitor service.
Copyright (c) Chao Wang (hit9[at]icloud.com), All rights reserved.