Hitch is a framework for :doc:`/glossary/integration_testing`.
- Runs reliably without modification on Mac OS X, Ubuntu/Debian, Fedora, CentOS and Arch and in Docker.
- Automates its own deployment and does not interfere with your system other than to install packages.
- Provides boilerplate and tools to substantially minimize the problem of :doc:`/glossary/brittle_tests`.
- Readable :doc:`/glossary/hitch_test_description_language` that doesn't require you to write regular expressions.
- Built-in :doc:`/glossary/service_orchestration` library for running groups of services (databases, webservers, microservices) together.
- Built-in :doc:`/glossary/step_library` for common tasks (interacting with browsers, command line & emails).
- Provides a suitable environment for :doc:`/glossary/acceptance_test_driven_development` complete with debugging tools.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 plugins/index
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 quickstart/index howto/index faq/index api/index misc/index
See the full :doc:`/glossary/index` here.