Note: In order to use this app, you'll need to use the Google API Console to register your SHA1 token along with the package name, this app won't work otherwise.
WatchTower is a simple application which was created to test and explore the functionality of the new Proximity Beacon API. The application can be used to try out:
- Registering Beacons
- Updating Beacons
- Viewing Beacons
- Viewing Beacon Diagnostics
- Viewing Beacon Attachments
- Adding Beacon Attachments
- Deleting Single Beacon Attachments
- Deleting Batch Beacon Attachments by Type
Some features are not very practical within a mobile-app (for example, adding json data to attachments), so these have not been included.
Note: This was built quickly to simply test the APIs functionality. If you come across any bugs please feel free to submit them as an issue, or open a pull request ;)
For further information, please read the supporting blog post.
- Android SDK.
- Android 5.1 (API 22) .
- Android SDK Tools
- Android SDK Build tools 22.0.1
- Android Support Repository
- Android Support library
- Enabled [Unit Test support] (http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/unit-testing-support)
To build, install and run a debug version, run this from the root of the project:
For Android Studio to use syntax highlighting for Automated tests and Unit tests you must switch the Build Variant to the desired mode.
To run unit tests on your machine using [Robolectric] (http://robolectric.org/):
To run automated tests on connected devices: