Amino acid prevalence data of HIV-1 pol.
Steps and Criteria for Classifying Unusual Mutations
First we calculate the prevalence of an amino acid at a position:
- Same amino acid at the same position from a single person is only
counted once. (
- Multiple Amino acids at the same position from a single sample are not
- Stop codons are not counted. (
In general, an amino acid at a position with its prevalence < 0.01% is considered unusual, with the following exceptions:
- It is possessed with drug resistance score in HIVDB algorithm;
- It is considered as a signature APOBEC-mediated hypermutation.