Slack -> Google Home bridge
I wanted to listen notifications arrived in Slack channels through Google Home.
What is this?
This is a minimum capability of Slack bot to transmit messages in the specific channel to Google Home - Amazon Polly bridge.
- Google Home - Amazon Polly bridge must be running.
- A Slack Bot API Token for your organization.
device-settings.jsonfile. (you can copy
device-settings.sample.jsonand modify few lines.)
- A key is a Slack channel ID.
- A value is a map object with
type. See the Google Home - Amazon Polly bridge doc for more details.
- Build a Docker image.
- Run the image with environment variables.
docker build -t slack-google-home-bridge . docker run --net=host \ -e "SLACK_TOKEN=abcdefg1234567890xyz" \ -e "BRIDGE_URL=http://localhost:8080/" \ --restart=on-failure slack-google-home-bridge
- Specify environment variables (or create
.envfile based on the template)
- Then, run the following two commands.
npm install npm start
All of these environment variables are required.
||Slack Bot API Token|
||An endpoint URL of Google Home - Amazon Polly bridge|
- Just send a message to the Slack channels you specified in
- To customize rules for handling incoming messages, or to modify messages before transmit to Google Home, edit codes inside