Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Changes and fixes:
- Initial macOS 10.14 Mojave developer beta support.
- MunkiAdmin now requires macOS 10.11 or later. This change allowed me to remove a lot of workaround code to support older system versions and also allowed me to start modernizing the code base.
- Massive performance increase when scrolling the packages list.
- Completely removed DevMate update and analytics framework. The privacy of users means a lot more to me than any statistical insight gained from using a 3rd party service. The only apparent loss of functionality is the in-app updates I was able to provide through DevMate. If you want to keep MunkiAdmin updated I recommend using AutoPkg from now on.
- Added support for configuring the pixel size for icon extraction. The default size has also changed from 512 x 512 pixels to 350 x 350 pixels.
- Added support for
- Removed catalog token field from packages list and replaced it with a normal text view (like catalogs are displayed in manifests list view).
- Added new predicates for searching packages with
- When creating new icons, resize to the specified pixel size regardless of current screen DPI.
- Add default values for new installs items when creating them in package editor. Don't use default values when reading or saving existing files. GitHub #153
- Remove empty installs array completely from pkginfo when saving. GitHub #166
- Fixed a bug where MunkiAdmin would crash when trying to extract icons under certain conditions.
Changes and fixes:
- Added an option to suppress errors on failed makecatalogs run.
- Replaced the Notes NSTextField in manifest editor with a full NSTextView.
- CSV file can now be dropped on the manifest list view to start the import process.
- Fixed incorrect minimum size for manifest importer window.
- Fixed a bug where MunkiAdmin would crash when reloading a repo after opening a manifest editor. GitHub #144.
- Fixed a bug where MunkiAdmin would display incorrect manifest content counts.
- Updated CocoaLumberjack to fix build errors on Xcode 9.
- Support for
featured_itemskey in a manifest. See more in Munki wiki: Munki 3 featured items.
- Support for
- Support for creating manifests from CSV file.
Changes and fixes:
- Renamed manifest side bar items to make it more clear what they represent.
- Added a "No Includes And Not Included" manifest side bar section for catching "orphaned" manifests.
- When duplicating a manifest, use the original name as the default name.
- Duplicated and newly created manifests now correctly show under the "Recently Modified" section.
- Correctly update manifest display name column when edited. GitHub #131.
- Fixed a bug where pressing command-F wouldn't properly focus on search fields in packages and catalogs view.
- When deleting a package, MunkiAdmin will now remove the uninstaller item if it exists and is not referenced in other pkginfos. GitHub #138.
- When running
makecatalogs, MunkiAdmin now checks the exit code and warnings/errors and displays a warning dialog if needed.
- Added new OS versions and installer types.
- Initial support for macOS 10.12 Sierra developer preview (you can still expect crashes but at least it runs). GitHub #127.
- Fixed an issue where MunkiAdmin would crash when extracting icons. GitHub #124.
- The Name column in manifests view now always shows the true manifest name (relative path). Display name column shows display name or relative path if the display name key is not set. GitHub #121.
- Manifests list now remembers sorting across view changes and app launches. GitHub #115.
- Added manifests view columns for managed installs count, managed uninstalls count, managed updates count, optional installs count, conditions count, included manifests count and referencing manifests count.
- Added search expressions for the above numeric manifest properties. GitHub #111.
- Major rework for conditional item editor.
- Fixed a bug where saving would hang indefinitely under certain conditions. GitHub #118.
- If a manifest has a custom display name key defined, use it in various views instead of the filename.
- Added a new preference option to control whether to run makecatalogs on every save or only when needed. GitHub #108.
- Fixed a bug where entering a value for a pkginfo property and clicking Previous/Next without changing the focus of the property box to another property box first will result in the value not persisting. GitHub #109.
- Changed package editor Next/Previous button keyboard shortcuts to cmd-N and cmd-P. The behavior now matches system default behavior and also fixes GitHub #89.
- Fixed a bug where hitting cancel on previously opened pkginfo file removes uncommitted changes. GitHub #79.
- Updated DevMateKit and NSHash to latest versions.
- Support for including a display name and notes in manifest.
- Packages list finally has a column for catalogs. It is hidden by default but can be enabled by right-clicking the list header.
- Renamed manifests view sidebar item "Profile Manifests" to "Install Manifests" to avoid confusion.
- Fixed a bug where reloading repo would break the manifests view sidebar items. GitHub #101 and #97.
- Fixed a bug where items to copy objects were not properly editable in pkginfo editor. GitHub #99.
- Manifest editor sidebar items now correctly update the small description text when manifest is edited.
- Added a new preference option to keep pkginfo catalogs alphabetically sorted.
- Icon names are now alphabetically sorted in package editor.
- Updated DevMateKit to version 1.3.1.
- Updated DevMateKit to version 1.3 with full support for El Capitan
- Added support for editing preinstall_alert and preuninstall_alert pkginfo keys. (GitHub #66)
Smaller fixes and changes:
- Added basic validation for installs item editor. MunkiAdmin now validates that installs items have at least a type and a path. The type field is now a combo box which autocompletes from known type strings. (GitHub #93)
- MunkiAdmin now sorts catalogs by their actual order in manifests list (instead of sorting alphabetically).
- MunkiAdmin now reads and logs error output from makecatalogs.