Database modelling and planning software.
Teagarden is a django based webapplication used for database planning and modelling during the software development process. With Teagarden software developers and database architects can create database tables, fields, constraints and relations without specifying the database system they want to use for their project. Teagarden aims to be a database development platform and documenation tool, but can also create the final SQL statements and compares the specific, productive database against the modelling metadata schema.
As this application is based upon the web framework Django and it was named after "Django Reinhardt", a famous jazz musician, I thought of giving my project also a name of a jazz legend. So I called it "teagarden", named after the famous jazz trombonist "Jack Teagarden".
Teagarden is written in Python (django) and licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
Currently I am rebooting this project. Therefore the current feature list is not freezed.
- Backend for creating and managing projects, tables, fields etc.
- Frontend to view projects, tables and fields
- Composing table comments
- RSS comment feed
- Preview and create source files for tables in many dialects (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, Python)
- Visualization of tables and their references
- Metadata / database comparison to create alter table statements
- FIELD_POSITION_GAP (default: 10)
- Position gap between table fields.