For centuries, people have wondered: "What's the fastest way to get a JPEG into a Slack channel?" Scientists now believe that jpgtobot is the answer. To verify these findings, please
Up and running
- Install Haskell (Windows, Mac, and Linux);
- Install Stack;
git clone https://github.com/hlian/jpegbot/ && cd jpegbot && stack build;
- Create a Slack incoming token and save it to a file named
- Create a Google Custom Search API key and save it to a file named
- Create a Google Search Engine and save the ID to a file named
google-search-engine-id(see this again);
stack exec jpgtobot.
And talking to Slack
- Use ngrok to open a tunnel to port 3000 (
- Copy down the ngrok URL;
- Create a Slack custom command
/jpegPOSTing to that URL;
- In Slack, type
If all goes well, you'll see something like this:
What is this, really?
A demo app for
Network.Linklater, a library I wrote! It lets you write Slack bots very easily. Please check it out, whenever you have free time.