This module customizes the Emacs mode-line.
The DOOM modeline was designed for minimalism, and offers:
- A match count panel (for
- An indicator for recording a macro
- Local python/ruby version in the major-mode
- A customizable mode-line height (see
- An error/warning count segment for flycheck
Table of Contents
This module requires the fonts included with
all-the-icons to be installed.
M-x all-the-icons-install-fonts to do so.
Extracting my modeline
Some might want my modeline without the DOOM config altogether. I’ve tried to make this easier for you, but there are a few things you’ll need to do:
- Ensure projectile and all-the-icons are installed.
- Ensure the fonts included with
all-the-iconsare installed (
+doom-modeline--make-xpmfunction is memoized with the
- Copy the
add-hook!macro definition from core/core-lib.el.
- Copy the following macros and functions from core/core-ui.el:
That should be everything. As I have never used this out of my config I can’t guarantee immediate success, but I’d be happy to help you out if you file an issue.
Where are my minor modes?
I didn’t need it, so I removed it. Run
M-x doom/what-minor-mode to investigate what minor modes are currently active.