Everybody should be developing their own blogging engine for hackers, so here's mine. Documentation is pretty minimal at the moment, so for now, how about a list of overall design goals?
Overall Design Goals
- Minimal code design.
- Author your blog through git, using Markdown and friends.
- Near-zero boilerplate code in your blog project. (It's all in the gem.)
- Theme support through gems.
- No static document generation. (Not interested, there are enough engines out there that do this.)
- HAML and SASS support out of the box.
Just a list of keywords I need to write about:
statusattribute and drafts
- Using different post formats (markdown, textile, haml etc.)
- pages (= posts without dates)
- deployment (Heroku!)
- code highlighting