HMFAYSAL V2 is all about:
- Responsive templates. Looking good on mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Gracefully degrading in older browsers. Compatible with Internet Explorer 8+ and all modern browsers.
- Minimal embellishments. Content first; other widget nonsense never.
- Large feature images for posts and pages.
- Simple and clear permalink structure.
- Custom 404 page to get you started.
- Stylesheets for Pygments and Coderay syntax highlighting to make your code examples look snazzy.
General notes and suggestions for customizing HMFAYSAL V2 Theme.
- Install Jekyll if you haven't already.
- Fork the Jekyll HMFAYSAL V2 Theme repo
- Clone the repo you just forked to your computer.
_config.ymlto personalize your site.
- Check out the sample posts in
_poststo see examples for pulling in large feature images, tags, and other YAML data.
- Read the documentation below for further customization pointers and documentation.
Pro-tip: Delete the
gh-pages branch after cloning and start fresh by branching off
master. There is a bunch of garbage in
gh-pages used for the theme's demo site that I'm guessing you don't want on your site. Also type in
chcp 65001 if the prompt shows UTF-8 or IBM47 error.
Setup for an Existing Jekyll site
- Clone the following folders:
- Clone the following files and personalize content as need:
- Set the following variables in your
title: Site Title description: Describe your website here. disqus_shortname: shortname url: http://your-website.com # Owner/author information owner: name: Your Name avatar: avatar.jpg bio: "Your bio goes here. It shouldn't be super long but a good two sentences or two should suffice." email: firstname.lastname@example.org # Social networking links used in footer. Update and remove as you like. twitter: facebook: github: stackexchange: linkedin: instagram: flickr: tumblr: hmfaysalsocial: # For Google Authorship https://plus.google.com/authorship google_plus: # Analytics and webmaster tools stuff goes here google_analytics: google_verify: # https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/configure/verify/ownership Option 2 content= goes here bing_verify: # Links to include in top navigation # For external links add external: true links: - title: Home url: / - title: About url: /about/ - title: Articles url: /articles/ - title: Setup url: /theme-setup/ - title: T-Details url: /technical-details/ - title: The Evil-Genius url: http://www.theevilgenius.tk/ external: true # http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones timezone: America/New_York future: true pygments: true markdown: kramdown
Having a problem getting something to work or want to know why I setup something in a certain way? Ping me on Twitter @hmfaysal or file a GitHub Issue. And if you make something cool with this theme feel free to let me know.
This theme is free and open source software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. So feel free to use this Jekyll theme on your site without linking back to me or including a disclaimer.