Stick is a modular JSGI middleware composition layer and application framework based on RingoJS.
Stick provides an
Application object that can be used to compose web
applications out of JSGI middleware components. Middleware can in turn
define methods or properties on the application object to make itself
configurable to the outside world.
Currently Stick comes with the following middleware modules:
- basicauth - basic HTTP authentication
- continuation - generator-based async requests
- error - generating error pages
- etag - ETag based conditional GET
- gzip - GZip content encoding
- method - HTTP method overriding
- mount - mounting other applications
- notfound - generating 404 pages
- params - form data parsing
- render - mustache.js templates
- requestlog - collecting per-request log messages
- route - Sinatra-like request routing
- session - session support
- static - serving static files
- upload - handling file uploads
Check out the demo applications and documentation to learn more.
ringo-admin command to to install Stick:
$ ringo-admin install hns/stick
Alternatively, you can manually copy or symlink the stick directory into
packages directory of your ringojs installation.
To start the stick demo application run the
ringo command with the
demo.js script in the stick directory:
$ ringo examples/demo.js
Then point your browser to http://localhost:8080/.
Stick is distributed under the MIT license.