MOTW Workshop: Boilerplate Project
This repository is the boilerplate project for "Musicking on the Web" workshop. The MOTW workshop 2015 will be hosted by Google Campus Seoul and be a part of Music 220A class at CCRMA at Stanford University.
Note that the installation of these prerequisites may require the system admin privileges.
Get the code
Run the command in the terminal. Be creative with your directory name:
git clone https://github.com/hoch/motw-2015.git MY_DIR
Move into the project directory and run the command:
cd MY_DIR ./motw_install.sh
How to Get Started
Make sure you are in the project root directory before running the following commands.
- Take a look around the workshop tutorials on the local tutorial server. Stop the server when you're ready to write your own code.
# start tutorial server gulp tutorials
- Then start up the development server and do your work. Any change in the
appdirectory will trigger the refresh in the browser automatically.
# start development server gulp app
Before deploying your project, be sure to create a GitHub repository.
- Note that the git configuration MUST be changed to route the deployment to your remote target repository. You only have to do this once with your own
# Change remote origin. git remote set-url origin https://github.com/USERNAME/MY_REPO.git
- Note that you have to build the application at least once to have the
# Build the application and commit/push to master. git commit -am 'initial commit' git push origin master
- If you are ready to upload the content, deploy the
gh-pagesbranch with the following command. You might have to type your credential in the process. If you're getting errors, consider change the name of your directory.
# Deploy site to gh-pages branch. $ gulp deploy-app
To access the deployed site, open the URL in your browser. Make sure to change
MY_REPO accordingly. For example, the deployed site of the current repository is https://hoch.github.io/motw-2015.
Copyright (c) 2015 Hongchan Choi. The MIT License.